UCBC Volunteer Positions
' Volunteers cannot be paid for they are Priceless ’
• Volunteer Coordinator:
With the success of our UCBC New Free Membership Policy, we happily discovered that most of our Members are willing to Volunteer some of their time with UCBC.
We need a Volunteer Coordinator to help them fulfill their wish.
- • Compile and keep the list of UCBC Volunteers up to date.
- • Contact our UCBC volunteers by email or by phone when their support is needed for UCBC projects or events.
- • UCBC Representatives:
- • Attend events in the community and promote UCBC
- • Create presentation materials showcasing UCBC's projects and interests
- • Present posters at Vancouver Aquarium's Divers' Weekend, Beach Interpretation days, community events, dive shows, etc.
- • Adopt-a-Buoy Project Coordinator:
- • Initiate and maintain a volunteer-based mooring buoy stewardship program.
- • Promote the program within the dive community and manage buoys stewardship.
- • Liaise with volunteer divers to ensure proper training and safety measures are in place for buoy maintenance dives.
- • Coordinate and catalog regular cleanings and inspections of UCBC's Current Mooring Buoy Fleet.
- • GoFundMe Campaign Coordinator:
- • Work with the UCBC Mooring Buoy Team to obtain the cost + material list for making a UCBC Mooring Buoy.
- • Set up and promote a GoFundMe Campaign to fund first one buoy, then as many Mooring Buoys as possible!
- • Social Media Volunteers:
- • Set up and maintain the UCBC Twitter account.
- • Maintain and grow our Google + account
- • Post relevant content on the UCBC Facebook page
- • Newsletter Writer:
- • Write our quarterly newsletter
- • You write it, we'll format and edit and send it to our members
- • No need to know any website language, but if you do, please let us know!